The Lotusan® exterior coating possesses a highly water-repellent surface similar to that of the lotus leaf. Its microstructure has been modeled on the lotus plant to minimize the contact area for water and dirt. The surface additionally offers enhanced hydrophobic properties.
The soiling of the facade becomes increasingly visible over time. On weather exposed sides in particular, microorganisms find an ideal environment for colonization in the form of adequate moisture and nutrients from dirt deposits.
Water and dirt flow off immediately. The facade remains dry and attractive.
- Very high level of water and dirt-repellence after drying of the coating.
- Highly resistant to soiling, pronounced self-cleaning effect.
- Resists the growth of mold, mildew, and algae.
- Excellent weather and chalk resistance, UV-stable.
- Ideal for new construction and recoat projects over concrete, stucco, EIFS, and fiber cement board substrates.
- High water vapor permeability.
- Smooth matte (flat) surface.
- Available in virtually any color, including custom color matching.
- Can be recoated with traditional acrylic & silicone based paints, though with the loss of the Lotus-Effect® technology.